A Year of Black Joy
An uplifting anthology of joyful contributions from 52 contemporary Black voices including chef Andi Oliver, author Patrice Lawrence, space scientist Dr Maggie Aderin-Pocock and climate activist Vanessa Nakate.
· Discover the joy of chess with Grandmaster Maurice Ashley, then learn the moves of the game.
· Find the joy in stories with award-winning author Patrice Lawrence, then gather the tools to write your own.
· Experience the joy of food with renowned chef Andi Oliver, then follow a recipe to make a delicious dish.
· Read about the joy of flowers with Florist Hazel Gardiner, then learn the techniques for pressing flowers to create beautiful memories
· Learn about the joy of hair styling with Celebrity Stylist Yene Damtew, then read her guide all about caring for your own hair
A donation to BLAM UK will be made for every copy sold. BLAM UK are committed to ensuring that the Black-British community is recognised, represented and appreciated.
Whether you read an entry a week, or dip into it whenever you are feeling in need of joy, this is a book to treasure all year round. Perfect for readers aged 7+
· A joyous tribute to Black achievement today, bringing together 'own voices' to share their life passion. The laughter, joy and power in these pages will leave readers feeling hopeful about their future
· Written by Ted Prize winner and social activist Jamia Wilson
· Divided into months, each joyful piece is tied to a particular season, event, international day or week, and sits alongside a non-fiction component.
Words of praise for this book:
"This compendium is perfect for parents and educators looking for fun ways to ignite the imagination, recognize Black achievements, and spotlight lesser-known holidays. An inspiring source of creativity for all readers." - Kirkus
"Full of inspiring humans and Black role models." - Booktrust
Shipping cost is based on weight. Just add products to your cart and use the Shipping Calculator to see the shipping price.
We want you to be 100% satisfied with your purchase. Items can be returned or exchanged within 30 days of delivery.